With late-arriving Add On.
Avatar continues to rule the world box office, as the Nikkster reminds us.
1. AVATAR (Fox) Week 7 [3,074] Friday $7.5M, Est Weekend $28M, Est Cume $592M
2. EDGE OF DARKNESS (GK/Warner Bros) NEW [3,066] Friday $5.6M, Est Weekend $16.5M
3. WHEN IN ROME (Disney) NEW [2,456] Friday $4.4M, Est Weekend $11M.
4. TOOTH FAIRY (Fox) Week 2 [3,345] Friday $2.2M (-37%), Est Weekend $9.5M, Est Cume $25.6M
5. BOOK OF ELI (Warner Bros) Week 3 [3,075] Friday $2.3M, Est Weekend $7.5M, Est Cume $73M
6. LEGION (Sony) Week 2 [2,476] Friday $2.0M (-70%), Est Weekend $6.5M, Est Cume $28.1M
7. LOVELY BONES (Paramount) Week 8 [2,638] Friday $1.3M, Est Weekend $4.0M, Est Cume $37.3M
8. SHERLOCK HOLMES (Warner Bros) Week 6 [2,250] Friday $1.1M, Est Weekend $3.5M, Est Cume $196.6M
9. IT'S COMPLICATED (Universal) Week 6 [2,096] Friday $950K, Est Weekend $3.3M, Est Cume $103.6M
10. ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS: THE SQUEALQUEL (Fox) Week 6 [2,526] Friday $815K, Est Weekend $3.5M, Est Cume $208.8M
Fox's animation hybrids bookend the Top Tne with triple digit grosses, while green froggy edges ever closer to the $100 million marker ...
Add On: At the finish line, Avatar collects $30 million for its 7th #1 win (and $594.5 million in the till.)
Ninth place Alvin and th Chipmunks Deux has now earned $209.3 million domestically.