Friday, March 05, 2010

The Permanence of Three Dee -- Part XIII

There hasn't really been much question for a while now, but now Mr. Park's weighed in.

Wallace and Gromit creator Nick Park has said that he would like to make a Plasticine animation in 3D.

Park, speaking in Los Angeles ahead of Sunday's Oscars, said he had planned to make a Wallace and Gromit story in 3D but shelved it for financial reasons.

"I'd like to see a 3D Plasticine animation - I think it would really suit it," he told the BBC ...

Personally, I think the die is cast. I think Three Dee is now a major part of studio planning. Congloms are throwing a ton of money at it, converting flat features to dimensional ones, so I think all the boulders are now rolling and bounding downhill.

And where they'll stop? That's anyone's guess.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've crossed a threshold. I decided that I will not see another 3D movie again ever. I saw Avatar. It was neat in 3D. But really... give me a break. Cinematography is a well developed art that not everyone does well. Jimmy C is one of the best at it. I did not see this enhancing his abilities at all! In fact it was a step back in many ways.

Crap, I'm going to be one of those old codgers clinging to a lost art form aren't I?

Faggoli

Site Meter