The Pirates! clings to the bottom rung of the Top Ten:
1. Marvel’s The Avengers (Disney) Week 3 [4,349 Runs] PG13
Friday $15.3M, Weekend $54.0M, Cume $454.5M
2. Battleship (Universal) NEW [3,690 Runs] PG13
Friday $9.0M, Weekend $25.1M
3. The Dictator (Paramount) NEW-Wed [3,008 Runs] R
Friday $5.7M, Weekend $15.0M, Cume $23.0M
4. What To Expect When You’re Expecting (Lionsgate) NEW [3,021 Runs] PG13 Friday $3.8M, Weekend $11.0M
5. Dark Shadows (Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,755 Runs] PG13
Friday $3.7M (-61%), Weekend $12.0M, Cume $49.6M
6. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Fox Searchlight) Week 3 [354 Runs] PG13 Friday $872K, Weekend $3M, Cume $8.7M
7. The Hunger Games (Lionsgate) Week 9 [2,064 Runs]
Friday $820K, Weekend $2.4M, Cume $391.0M
8. Think Like A Man (Screen Gems/Sony) Week 5 [1,722 Runs] PG13
Friday $800K, Weekend $2.4M, Cume $85.6M
9. The Lucky One (Warner Bros) Week 5 [2,055 Runs] PG13
Friday $585K, Weekend $1.8M, Cume $57.0M
10. Pirates! Band Of Misfits (Aardman/Sony) Week 4 [1,840 Runs] PG Friday $340K, Weekend $1.4M, Cume $25.7M
Worldwide, the Aardman pirate movie has collected $98.5 million against a budget of $55 million.
Add On: It appears that the unfortunate Taylor Kitsch has an unblemished record of box office flops, with two big-screen bombs under his belt. And in a single year!
Universal and Hasbro Entertainment's big-budget Battleship barely left port in its North American launch, grossing a dismal $25.3 million. ...
Fist John Carter, now Battleship, two mega-budget write-offs. Where will it end?