Sunday, January 20, 2008

The new look

Steve has been after me for a while to change the look of the blog, and just before he left for Orlando he gave me my marching orders, design-wise. (So blame him ... ;P)

It's taken me a few days to figure out how to get the Read More links to work, and you should note that although they're functional, they now appear directly below the post title and not above the poster's name the way they used to ...

The list of previous posts is now hierarchical and integrated with the post archive, and it appears above the TAG member blogroll. (And by the way, don't forget to e-mail me if you're a TAG member with a blog or website you want on the roll.)

UPDATE (Monday morning): Fixed the Read More links positions. Just spoke to the Head Blogger by phone to tell him how everybody loves the new colors and design ;P He'll be back tomorrow, and there will be changes made ...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

no offense. But the old theme looked 100 times better. :(

Anonymous said...

No offense meant from me, as well.. But I'm not crazy about it either...The baby blue looks too light and frivolous in theme and frankly a bit weak. Lighter text on a darker back ground is better suited for this blog, IMHO.

Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah sorry...looks like a Newborn Baby website..."not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Anonymous said...

This looks like a project straight out of a "web design 101" class. Not very impressive or professional-looking at all.

Anonymous said...

Ditto. Plus I'm not a fan of the read more links opening in another window either...

Anonymous said...

The optic blue is not more readable. Go back a space, please.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Too Much text for a visual base union. It's hard to distinguish which text or button to click on. Go back to the old one for now until you can think of a better one than this.

Kevin Koch said...

I'm with the crowd of commenters, Jeff. I'm not a fan of this new format. Let's try something else.

Anonymous said...

I hate to pile on, because I'm sure this took you a lot of time and effort, but I agree with the commenters above. The new look is difficult to read and navigate, and I hate that the "Read more" link opens a new window. What was wrong with the old format? Headlines were easy to spot, and the color format made for easy readability. Control-z.

Anonymous said...

I think the old version looked better,too. This one is hard to read and looks "unfinished" .

Ward Jenkins said...

I'd love to see a nice illustrated banner for this blog.

Site Meter