Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sobering Thought

Disney paid $500 million more for Pixar than General Motors is now worth ...

GM's shares have plummeted to less than $12, the lowest level since 1955.

That means the world's largest auto maker has a stock market value of only about $7 billion. That compares with a market cap of about $56 billion in 2000, when the stock was at its all-time high of $94.62 a share.

Disney's purchase price for the Emeryville 'Toon factory? $7.5 billion. The world turned upside down.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worth every penny, and then some.

Anonymous said...

GM doesn't make cute robots, thus they are automatically worth less.

U said...

Can't completely say I'm sorry for GM Motors, but Pixar, in my opinion, is worth a bit more.

Anonymous said...

Just saw Wall-e.

JEEZUS, what a MAGNIFICENT motion picture.

My jaw is just now coming up from the floor.

Anonymous said...

I like to call it 'Short Circuit 3'

Anonymous said...

What's a "Short Circuit 3?"

Anonymous said...

Short Circuit is WALLE's bigger older brother that was in theatres in the 80's.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/4032/4032.jpg

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Like a BILLIOn other people, I don't watch Ally Sheedy/Steve Gutenberg movies. That looks AWFUL.
And it looks like they ripped the design off of Popular Science magazines of the 50's.

Thank goodness "Wall-e" has personality, charm, WIT, and great storytelling. I doubt anyone will remember that crappy movie after this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Don't pay attention to him, he's just a bitter Dreamworks employee...

Site Meter