Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Border Town

Now with Add On.

Remember how I quoted a fine trade paper that said: "Bordertown still hasn't found a spot on Fox's schedule?" Down here?

Well, that's changed now. Because Fox tweeted out ...

Just announced! #Bordertown will join the FOX​ Sunday lineup starting JAN 3, 2016! Details: http://fox.tv/1SgpHWe

Bordertown has been in the process of becoming since 2013. Seth MacFarlane, Mark Hentemann, Alex Carter and Dan Vebber are executive producers. The series, of which there are now thirteen half-hour episodes, is produced at Bento Box's North Hollywood studios.

Add On: Creator/exec producer Hentemann recounts how he came up with Bordertown:

“I was racking my brain over what could I do that ‘Family Guy’ or ‘The Simpsons’ or ‘South Park’ hasn’t already done,” he said. “And I immediately knew: the border. What’s interesting to me is that whites are going to become a minority in this country in 2017, a historic shift in the United States demographics. My family growing up my dad told our family’s immigration story a thousand times. My worldview is from the lessons I learned from my father and his father, coming over to the United States and work the four jobs. ...

0 comments:

Site Meter