Saturday, November 14, 2015

Lou Scheimer's Digs For Sale



The late Lou Scheimer, founder of the late Filmation, had his house placed on the market two weeks back:

4 Beds/5 Baths on 5,500 sqft on a total lot size of 2.88 acres built in 1972 in Tarzana available for $5.5 million on November 2, 2015. This home was designed by Dion Neutra, the son of legendary architect, Richard Neutra. ...

Scheimer commissioned Neutra to build this home and therefore it's the first time on the market. So you have the son of the greatest architect and a legend behind cartoons and I am just foaming at the mouth wishing I could buy this home although the $1K per square foot price tag is not helping one bit. ...

I visited Lou's expansive pad, high atop the Hollywood Hills, exactly twice. I was there to interview Mr. Scheimer for a podcast, but he was too ill at the time to talk at any length. I did however, get a tour of his residence.

The house is a one-of-a-kind architectural wonder. I saw the rooms upstairs and down, the expansive views out the floor-to-ceiling glass windows, and my mouth was continually agape. Make sure you click on the link above to see more photographs of the place.

Thanks to Jeff Massie for tipping us off about the house being on the market.

0 comments:

Site Meter