Sunday, June 15, 2014

Shaggy Passes

Casey Kasem, after a long battle with Parkinson's and dementia, dies on Father's day. A self-aware quote from Mr. Kasem:

"Shaggy is one of my claims to fame," the radio personality told the New York Times. "But I think Casey surpasses him a little bit.

However, one will last longer than the other, and Shaggy will go on forever. 'They are going to be playing Shaggy and Scooby-Doo for eons and eons, and they're going to forget Casey Kasem — unless they happen to step on his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

I'll be one of those guys people say 'Who's that?' about. And someone else will say, 'He's just some guy who used to be on the radio."

Warner Bros. Animation is still creating Scooby Doo for an eager public. It will likely always be creating Scooby Doos

2 comments:

Floyd Norman said...

I'll make no bones about hating that damn dog, but I'll always remember Casey Kasem during my time at Hanna-Barbera. I recall he was always a cool dude and it was kinda a big deal having a radio star in the studio. I animated, did layout and storyboards on the show. I know in my heart Casey will always be that cool dude, Shaggy.

Steve Hulett said...

Maybe I should spell his name correctly. Maybe I should look at the keyboard.

Site Meter