Wednesday, July 18, 2007

At Nick Nick Nickelodeon...

Today was Nickelodeon day, and I spent the afternoon wandering through the various nooks and crannies of the Olive Avenue facility...

Nick is one of the busier television animation studios these days. Just about every board artist and designer over there now works on Cintiques (those big, tilted lcd screens that artists draw on) and a lot of episodics are in production.

In addition to the shows detailed here and here, there are six episodes of Making Fiends, a total of twenty new interations of Fairly Odd Parents, and 26 episodes of El Tigre.

The main question I was asked is "how is the rest of the industry doing?" I replied that hiring is picking up in teevee land, and that there will probably be more hiring in the feature area at the end of the year.

3 comments:

Jeff Nevins said...

fatf

Jeff Nevins said...

Nick's a nice place. I pitched & applied there a number of times. I'm glad that some people I know there are doing well. Getting hired in a studio is very tough- even w/experience & connections.

Anonymous said...

I hope the new Fairly Odd Parents episodes are better than the last ones Nick released. Those sucked pretty much. And whose idea was it to turn Cosmo into a jerk?

Site Meter