Tuesday, December 16, 2014

When I Met Jeffrey


It was heart palpitation time.

... At two o’clock the Basil story crew stood tensely in the second-floor hallway of 2-D, waiting for Jeffrey’s arrival. At two after two he came striding down the hall, shook hands with everybody, and I launched into my spiel about a detective mouse in London, his arch enemy Ratigan, and the nefarious plot to take over all Mousedom.

Mr. Katzenberg listened with laser-like intensity. I managed to avoid mangling the plot or muddying up the characters. ...

1985. Jeffrey was the dynamo from Paramount Pictures. And I thought (silly me) that I would be going places in my Disney career.

I was so young then. And so wrong. ...

And we'll call this "Self Aggrandizement II". But it's late and I can't think of anything else to put up.


1 comments:

Floyd Norman said...

I remember the first time I met Jeffrey. It was at the signpost on the Disney Studio lot.

Later, I pitch a funny sequence to him for the Hunchback of Notre Dame. He was intense - but a pretty cool guy.

Site Meter