Monday, August 25, 2008

Imagi!

The place (out in Sherman Oaks) is going great guns. I bopped through this morning and found Astroboy still cooking, and story work on Gatchaman still rolling along.

"This pass on Gatchaman is working. Before, it was being pulled in two different directions. Now it's a straight-ahead action-adventure piece and coming together." ...

I asked a supervisor about Tusker coming over from DreamWorks, but he didn't have much to tell me besides what he'd read in the trades. I'd hear that a former DreamWorks feature director was going to be heading it up, but he couldn't confirm it. "I'm spending all my time on another feature around here ... with a closer release date."

The studio still seems to be growing (maybe it's just me). I had a lengthy hike from the front offices to the back, as Imagi has added square footage with offices and connective hallways on an upper floor of the Sherman Oaks Galleria.

Going back to my car, I detoured into the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, since I'd gotten word that IATSE-AMPTP negotiations were going to resume in the Fall (like, next month?). But nobody could confirm dates, so I supposed I'll find out when an item shows up in Daily Variety.

0 comments:

Site Meter