Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Summertime Walk Around

The last couple of days, I've been in and out of teevee animation studios: Disney Teevee Animation on Monday, and Warner Bros. Animation on Tuesday.

At TVA in the Frank Wells Building, the Phineas and Ferb crew is in high spirits.

"We found out the P and F has gotten picked up for thirty-nine new episodes. We'll be working on them until the end of 2009. A year and a half of steady work? That's okay by me ..."

Some months back, folks got the word that the series had been picked up for a second season. But the additional thirteen-episode pickup (I'm informed) is newer.

Over at Warner Bros. Batman: Brave and the Bold clicks along with its series order. Two video features, Green Lantern and Public Enemies, are also in the production pipeline.

Not a whole lot of stuff, sadly, but all that could be changing. One staffer told me: "The new guy is working to get new projects up and walking. Nothing is going full bore yet, but we're hopeful."

I was informed that Batman: B and B isn't Batman/Dark Avenger, but rather a Batman version from before the mega-blockbuster. Here's an idea: since Batman the Avenger sits at the top of the box office heap, a cartoon tie-in to that incarnation would probably be a good thing, yes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know when you were last at Starz, but the Goode Family art team has been piling in over the last many weeks. This is my last thing to do before I go in for my first day tomorrow morning. It'll also be my first TAG job.

Steve Hulett said...

Hey! You reminded me! I gotta hop up there! Like today.

Anonymous said...

The Gotham Knight anime DVD is tied in to the Dark Knight by story threads and characters. I would imagine Brave and Bold would have been done in anticipation of DK being too dark for the kiddies and needing a kid-friendlier merchandising option..? (Witness the pulling of the Heath Ledger action figures from toy stores. I don't think we'll be seeing a Two-Face figure at Toys 'R Us anytime soon...)

Anonymous said...

"Phineas and Ferb" is a bighearted show with some clever writing. I'm glad it's doing well.

Site Meter