Friday, October 10, 2008

South Park? "I am shocked -- SHOCKED!!!"

Don't get me wrong -- I think Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood Daily blog is amusing and often informative, even when I disagree with her. And I have to give her props for her reporting on the story of Tyler Perry firing the House of Payne writers that supported the WGA.

But her shock and consternation over Wednesday's South Park episode is more than a bit overdone, imho. I mean, c'mon, it's South Park.

I do think it's funny that so many of the blog comments are about how badly the Indy 4 sequel sucked. And, of course, not even Ms. Finke talks about South Park being a totally non-union show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meh. Except for the part where the episode wasn't funny and it was just jerking off. Isn't this an old episode too?

Jeff Massie said...

No, it was a season premiere -- watched by an average of 2.1 million, up 21% from last year, making it the most-watched SP premiere since 1999.

And, coincidentally (?), Nikki F. reports that no one has protested.

Site Meter