Now with salty Add On.
The weekend derby is off and running and Shrek Forever After again leads the pack with $6.5 million and a $164.2 million accumulation. Not bad for a cartoon that was deemed a disappointment during opening weekend ...
As the Nikkster informs us:
...DreamWorks Animation's "Shrek Forever After" ... was #1 Friday with the fourquel's strong -38% hold (thanks to more runs and higher 3D ticket prices than any newcomer) and will be #1 for the weekend ...
1. Shrek Forever After 3D (DWA/Par) Week 3 [4,386 Theaters] -- Friday $6.5M, Estimated Weekend $24M, Estimated Cume $183.5M
2. Get Him To The Greek (Universal) NEW [2,697] -- Friday $6.2M, Estimated Weekend $17.4M
3. Killers (Lionsgate) NEW [2,859] -- Friday $5.6M, Estimated Weekend $15.5M
4. Sex And The City 2 (NL/Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,445] -- Friday $4.4M (-66%), Estimated Weekend $13M, Estimated Cume $74.3M
5. Prince of Persia (Disney) Week 2 [3,646] -- Friday $4.1M (-60%), Estimated Weekend $14M, Estimated Cume $61M
Sadly, it appears that How to Train Your Dragon has now dropped out of the Top Ten, so DreamWorks Animation has lost the bragging rights to having two animated features in the Golden Circle at the same time.
Add On: The ogre takes the smallest hit of any Top Ten feature, collecting $25.3 million and ending with $183 mill after three weekends.