Now with hot, buttered Add On.
As we stagger into the summer season, cluttered with all the summer-time tent poles, we have the last b.o. of spring. And Universal has an actual live-action hit!
1. Fast Five (Universal) NEW [3,643 Theaters] Friday $33.2M, Estimated Weekend $80M
2. Rio (Blue Sky/Fox) Week 3 [3,842 Theaters] Friday $3.2M, Estimated Weekend $12.5M, Estimated Cume $101.8M
3. Madea's Big Happy Family (Tyler Perry/Lionsgate) Week 2 [2,288 Theaters] Friday $3.1M (-70%), Estimated Weekend $10.5M, Estimated Cume $41.5M
4. Water For Elephants (Fox 2000/Fox) Week 2 [2,817 Theaters] Friday $2.7M (-61%), Estimated Weekend $9.1M, Estimated Cume $32M
5. Prom (Disney) NEW [2,730 Theaters] Friday $2M, Estimated Weekend $5.5M ...
Rio gets pushed down to #2 by the car movie, but you do you stop the power of Vin Diesel? Meanwhile the parrot movie has an accumulation of $320 million, which is climbing nicely.
Add On: The Reporter reports:
... The Fast Five glow didn’t extend to the weekend’s other new films, Disney’s tween-driven Prom and the Weinstein Co.’s Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil. ...
Hoodwinked Too! grossed an estimated $4.1 million from 2,505 theaters, although the companies had hoped for a $6 million to $9 million debut. The first Hoodwinked opened to $12.4 million. ... Hoodwinked Too! received a B+ CinemaScore. ...