Friday, June 19, 2009

Disney Walk Through

Over at the hat building, the Princess and the Frog cleanup crew is in the last couple of months of work. As a couple of crew-members said to me:

"We're hearing that management wants to keep us together, have us come back to work on Winnie the Pooh. That would be fine with us ... It wasn't easy when we got let go the last time, but this time has been better. We''ve got lower expectations about job security..."

Work continues apace on Beauty and the Beast - 3-D. Having only seen still frames of the new format, I've got no idea how it plays in three dimensions, but I was told it looks good.

I suppose the world will know how true this is when the refurbished tune is rolled out on Valentine's Day, 2010.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toon.

Tickle Me Nemo said...

Any word on how Rapunzel is progressing? I certainly hope they've worked out the story bugs.

Also, have you seen any artwork for King of the Elves and if so, what do you think of it? I know you can't say much, just wondered yer opinion.

Steve Hulett said...

I'm told story work on Rapunzel continues.

I'm told that production time for the picture will be roughly the same as it was for Bolt.

I offer no opinions as to the quality of R's story because I know zip about it.

And no, I haven't seen any artwork for King of the Elves.. I mostly avoid looking at artwork, since it;'s not my area of work.

Anonymous said...

> I'm told story work on Rapunzel continues.

...and continues...

...and continues...

...and continues...

Anonymous said...

> I'm told story work on Rapunzel continues.
...and continues...


Like all story work at EVERY studio it'll be going on up til the last months before the release.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to the team of Frog being back together for Pooh!

Steve Hulett said...

> I'm told story work on Rapunzel continues.

...and continues...

...and continues...

...and continues...
...

From your typing fingers to God's eyeballs.

Anonymous said...

quote:'looking forward to the team of Frog being back together for Pooh!'

I've heard they cut the crew back in size deciding to go with a smaller crew for the Pooh project?

How many animators did they cut after 'frog' was completed?

Site Meter