The animated robots drop to #2; the animated lions drop to #10 ....
And we're in the slow time of the movie box office season:
1. Footloose (Paramount) NEW [3,549 Theaters] Friday $5.6M, Estimated Weekend $16.5M
2. Real Steel (DreamWorks/Disney) Week 2 [3,440 Theaters] Friday $4.4M (-48%), Estimated Weekend $16M, Estimated Cume $51.3M
3. The Thing (Universal) NEW [2,996 Theaters] Friday $3.2M, Estimated Weekend $9M
4. The Ides Of March (Sony) Week 2 [2,199 Theaters] Friday $2.2M (-34%), Estimated Weekend $7.5M, Estimated Cume $22.1M
5. Moneyball (Sony) Week 4 [2,840 Theaters] Friday $1.7M, Estimated Weekend $5.5M, Estimated Cume $57.7M
6. The Dolphin Tale (Alcon/Warner Bros) Week 4 [3,286 Theaters] Friday $1.6M, Estimated Weekend $6.5M, Estimated Cume $59M
7. 50/50 (Summit) Week 3 [2,391 Theaters] Friday $1.3M, Estimated Weekend $4.1M, Estimated Cume $24.5M
8. The Big Year (Fox) NEW [2,150 Theaters] Friday $1.1M, Estimated Weekend $3M
9. Courageous (Sony) Week 3 [1,214 Theaters] Friday $1M, Estimated Weekend $3.3M, Estimated Cume $21.3M10. Dream House (Universal) Week 3 [2,172 Theaters] Friday $740K, Estimated Weekend $2.5M, Estimated Cume $18.4M
10. Lion King 3D (the Mojo ranking) Friday $721K, Cume $88.5 million.