1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (MGM/WB) Week 2 [Runs 4,100] PG13 Friday $10.5M (-73%), Weekend $31.5M, Cume $145.2M
2. Jack Reacher (Skydance/Paramount) NEW [Runs 3,352] PG13 Friday $5.7M, Weekend $17.5M
3. This Is 40 (Universal) NEW [Runs 2,912] R Friday $4.0M, Weekend $12.0M
4. Rise Of The Guardians (DW Animation/Par) Week 5 [Runs 3,031] PG Friday $1.5M, Weekend $7.2M, Cume $79.8M
5. Monsters Inc 3D (Pixar/Disney) Week 1 [Runs 2,618] G Friday $1.4M, Weekend $5.0M, Cume $6.5M
6. The Guilt Trip (Skydance/Paramount) Week 1 [Runs 2,431] PG13 Friday $1.4M, Weekend $4.7M, Cume $6.7M
7. Lincoln (DreamWorks/Fox/Disney) Week 7 [Runs 2,293] PG13 Friday $1.4M, Weekend $5.5M, Cume $116.7M
8. Skyfall (MGM/Sony) Week 7 [Runs 2,365] PG13 Friday $1.2M, Weekend $4.0M, Cume $279.1M
9. Life Of Pi (Fox) Week 5 [Runs 1,750] PG Friday $1.1M, Weekend $4.2M, Cume $76.5M
10. Breaking Dawn Pt 2 (Summit/Lionsgate) Week 6 [Runs 2,000] PG13 Friday $817K, Weekend $2.8M, Cume $281.9M
Moving View Master takes Monsters, Inc. to themiddle of the pack. Guardians continues to hang in, but it seems to me its domestic multipe will be -- per the Koch Opening Numbers Calculator -- will be four to four and a half times its opening weekend gross of $23.8 million.
That's a pretty good multiplier, and not unexpected given its "A" CinemaScore, but the opening weekend numbers were weak compared to DWA's recent box office performances.