Saturday, July 20, 2013

Now It Can Be Told

Disney TV Animation made an announcement this day.

Announced today at Comic Con, Disney animated hit series Phineas and Ferb is planing another company-wide crossover, this time with Lucasfilm. The series creators are palnning "an epic ode to Star Wars" now in production.

A one hour event episode will premiere next year on Disney Channel and Disney XD. According to the press release, "It places the characters of Phineas and Ferb in the same space and time as the world of Star Wars.

The announcement was made today by Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, creators and executive producers of "Phineas and Ferb" and ardent Star Wars fans, at Comic-Con International in San Diego. ...

Where else to announce it but Comic Con?

A well-kept secret, as we can see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So many crossovers that I can't keep track of them now.

I recall saying in one of my previous comments about where "I was really hoping for a Futurama Simpsons crossover film or episode instead." My hopes have come true.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/20/the-simpsons-futurama-crossover-epsidoe/

Whether or not the intentions behind all these crossovers are completely corporate (as in Disney Channel and FOX executives are making the creators do this) or decisions coming from the actual creators of all these shows, at least a ton of artists are still going to be working in some degree. I'm starting to have mixed feelings myself.

Unknown said...

This wasn't the Star Wars announcement I was looking for....

Site Meter