1. The Wolverine 3D (20th Century Fox) NEW [Runs 3,924] PG13 Friday $20.5M, Weekend $55.0M
2. The Conjuring (New Line/Warner Bros) Week 2 [Runs 3,022] R Friday $7.3M (-57%), Weekend $24.3M, Cume $86.0M
3. Despicable Me 2 3D (Illumination/Universal) Week 4 [Runs 3,476] PG Friday $4.8M, Weekend $16.0M, Cume $306.3M
4. Turbo 3D (DreamWorks Animation/Fox) Week 2 [Runs 3,809] Friday $4.0M (-39%), Weekend $13.1M, Cume $55.5M
5. Grown Ups 2 (Columbia/Sony) Week 3 [Runs 3,258] PG13 Friday $3.6M, Weekend $11.4M, Cume $101.5M
6. Red 2 (Summit/Lionsgate) Week 2 [Runs 3,016] PG13 Friday $2.7M (-57%), Weekend $8.7M, Cume $34.4M
7. Pacific Rim 3D (Legendary/Warner Bros) Week 3 [Runs 2,602] PG13 Friday $2.2M, Weekend $7.3M, Cume $83.8M
8. The Heat (Twentieth Century Fox) Week 5 [Runs 2,384] R Friday $2.0M, Weekend $6.8M, Cume $141.1M
9. R.I.P.D. 3D (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,850] PG13 Friday $1.8M (-62%), Weekend $5.8M, Cume $24.2M
10. Fruitvale Station (Weinstein) Week 3 [Runs 1,064] R Friday $1.4M, Weekend $4.1M, Cume $5.8M ...
Monsters U. has now fallen out of the Top Ten to #12, with a running total (as of Friday) of $253,416,000.
Add On: DM2 continues to outperform:
“Despicable Me 2” keeps rolling up the box office dough. The animated kids film crossed the $300 million mark domestically in its fourth week and is now the second-highest grossing movie of the year, behind only “Iron Man 3.” And it has brought in more than $660 million worldwide for Universal and Illumination Entertainment.
DreamWorks Animation’s family film “Turbo” couldn’t catch the minions despite dropping just 36 percent from its first week, and the snail tale has now taken in $56 million in two weeks of domestic release for distributor Fox. ...