Monday, March 16, 2009

Clearing Up a DWA Question

Since I was kind of in error in the DreamWorks post down below ... but don't want to get in the middle of other commenters' firefight ... let me clarify a few items of interest up here ...

Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois? Co-directing How to Train Your Dragon? Absolutely true.

I know it's true because I read it in Wikipedia, and if you can't trust Wikipedia, what can you trust? Also, various employees at DreamWorks Animation told me the same thing.

And the shorter production schedule? I'm informed that HTTYD has always had a fairly short window to get the picutre done, and has one now.

"We know we're going to be working a lot of overtime on the picture, but nobody's uptight about it, everybody's happy to be working. The story's coming along, nobody is worried about that. We know the picture's going to get done. We've done it before, many times ..."

So, to sum up: People aren't worried that the time they've got to produce How to Train Your Dragon is too short (at least, nobody I talked to.) And nobody's fretting about the story.

All I know is what I read in Wikipedia, and hear from people on the DreamWorks campus.

0 comments:

Site Meter