Now including cinnamon Add On.
Oh dear. The Nikkster would have us believe that Avatar has dropped to fourth place:
1. Valentines Day (Warner Bros) NEW [3,665 Theaters] Friday $16.5 million, Estimated 4-Day Weekend $60M
2. Percy Jackson & The Olympians (Fox) NEW [3,356 Theaters] Friday $10.5M, Estimated 4-Day Weekend $50M
3. The Wolfman (Universal) NEW [3,222 Theaters] Friday $10.5M, Estimated 4-Day Weekend $35M
4. Avatar (Fox) Week 9 [2,685 Theaters] Friday $4.8M, Estimated Weekend $24M, Estimated Cume $661M
5. Dear John (Relativity/Sony) Week 2 [2,975 Theaters] Friday $4.5M, Estimated Weekend $19M, Estimated Cume $56.5M
Meanwhile, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Part Two, in the fifteenth slot as of Thursday (before the avalanche of new pictures slid into multiplexes), stood at $212.6 million. The Fantastic Mr. Fox, showing in 155 theaters across the fruited plain, is up to $20.5 million.
Add On: At the wire, Valentine's Day equals its budget ($52 million and change), winning by several lengths. Percy Jackson and The Wolfman finish in a dead heat for the Place position, collecting $31.1 million and $30.6 million.
Avatar declines a mere 3.7% , raking in $22 million for a total of $659.6 million (domestic). Alvin and the Chipmunks (#18) now holds $204 million in their furry cheeks. The Princess and the Frog has collected $101.7 million.