Now with ranch-flavored Add On.
Out of the gate, the ever-vigilant Nikkster has her first weekend report:
It's doubtful that Iron Man 2 will break any Hollywood records during what's estimated to be its 3-day $125M-$135M opening weekend. But sources tell me tonight that Paramount on Friday debuted the Marvel film in 4,380 North American theaters to probably $55M, including $7.5 million in Thursday midnight shows at just under 3,000 locations. ...
But how can it break records?! It's not in Three Deee!!
Add On: How to Train Your Dragon, embedded in the Top Five, will cross the $200 million wire this weekend.
1. Iron Man 2 (Marvel/Paramount) NEW [4,380 Runs] --Friday $52.4M, Estimated Weekend $130M, Estimated Cume $202M
2. Nightmare On Elm Street (Lionsgate) Week 2 [3,332 Runs] -- Friday $3.2M (-79%), Estimated Weekend $9.5M, Estimated Cume $49.0M
3. How To Train Your Dragon (DWA/Par) Week 7 [3,003 Runs] -- Friday $1.7M, Estimated Weekend $7.2M, Estimated Cume $201.5M
4. The Back Up Plan (CBS Films/Sony) Week 3 [3,003 Runs] -- Friday $1.7M, Estimated Weekend $6M, Estimated Cume $31M
5. Date Night (Fox) Week 5 [2,734 Runs] -- Friday $1.6M, Estimated Weekend $5.5M, Estimated Cume $81M
6. Furry Vengeance (Summit) Week 2 [3,002 Runs] -- Friday $950K (-46%), Estimated Weekend $3.9M, Estimated Cume $11M
7. Clash Of The Titans (Warner Bros) Week 6 [2,157] -- Friday $800K, Estimated Weekend $2.9M, Estimated Cume $158.3M
8. The Losers (Dark Castle/Warner Bros) Week 3 [2,450 Runs] -- Friday $600K, Estimated Weekend $1.9M, Estimated Cume $21.5M
9. Death At A Funeral (Screen Gems/Sony) Week 4 [1,706 Runs] -- Friday $575K, Estimated Weekend $1.9M, Estimated Cume $38.0M
10. Kick-Ass (Lionsgate) Week 4 [1,759 Runs] -- Friday $475K, Estimated Weekend $1.5M, Estimated Cume $45.3M
Marvel Studios' summer-launching comics actioner "Iron Man 2" handily outpaced its franchise predecessor but without industry records, opening atop domestic rankings with an estimated $133.6 million in weekend boxoffice.
Meanwhile, Dragons takes the third slot and soars past the $200 million marker. If you're scoring at home, the animated feature has made five times it opening day gross.