Friday, May 07, 2010

Roy Disney Building

With pointy-hat Add On.

As I write, the Disney powers-that-be are unveiling a new name on the "Hat Building."

It's about to be (when they pull the cloth down) the "Roy O. E. Disney Building." And most of the Diz Co. hierarchy, along with Roy's family, are in attendance.

I know this because I ambled by the Disney Animation building this morning, where I found rows of wooden chairs being set up in front of a stand at the entrance.

Several staffers that the festivities would be taking place in late afternoon (now) and that it was going to be quite a to-do.

Elsewhere on the property, I had occasion to ask a Disney director if he was pitching new feature ideas of the hand-drawn variety to J. Lasseter. All he would say is:

"We're developing ..."

Add On: And here are pictures of the renaming event. (You'll note it has the "e" and not the "O". The Roy O. Disney building is on the other side of the lot ...)

10 comments:

Sean Yoda Rouse said...

Shouldn't that be the Roy E. Disney building?

Anonymous said...

I was about to say the same thing! I know Roy O. was the company's founder, but when they announced they were renaming the Hat Building the "Roy Disney Building", I thought it was in honor of Roy E., who'd been chairman of animation for 20 years.

Anonymous said...

What CGI films does Disney still have in development? Is King of the Elves still on hold? What about Joe Jump?

Anonymous said...

And why in the world is there still nothing about Tangled?!?!?

Justin said...

Yes, that would be Roy E. Disney:

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/050710_EE_RoyDisneyTribute.html

Anonymous said...

Well which Roy is it?
And besides, they should turn the original animation buildings back into producing animation. Get them scurvey suits outta there......

Anonymous said...

They already have a "Roy O. Disney" building. It's the white/grey building next to the Michael Eisner building. You must have meant Roy E. Disney Building.

Steve Hulett said...

Yep. Roy E.

My bad. What I get for being hasty.

Anonymous said...

What "mike" said.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks really nice. I can't believe I don't work there anymore.

Site Meter