Now with licorice-flavored Add On.
Via the Nikkster, some new animated moving pictures have come into the mix. Steve Lizberger must be proud.
1. Tron: Legacy 3D (Disney) NEW [3,451 Theaters] -- Friday $18M, Estimated Weekend $47M
2. Yogi Bear 3D (Warner Bros) NEW [3,515 Theaters] -- Friday $4.7M, Estimated Weekend $17M
3. The Fighter (Relativity/Paramount) Week 2 [2,503 Theaters] -- Friday $3.8M, Estimated Weekend $11.8M.
4. Narnia/Dawn Treader 3D (Walden/Fox) Week 2 [3,555 Theaters] -- Friday $3.7M (-55%), Estimated Weekend $12.8M, Estimated Cume $43M
5. How Do You Know (Sony) NEW [2,483 Theaters] -- Friday $2.9M, Estimated Weekend $8.7M
6. Black Swan (Fox Searchlight) Week 3 [959 Theaters] -- Friday $2.7M, Estimated Weekend $9M
7. The Tourist (GK Films/Sony) Week 2 [2,756 Theaters] -- Friday $2.6M (-56%), Estimated Weekend $8.5M, Estimated Cume $30.6M
8. Tangled (Disney) Week 4 [3,201 Theaters] -- Friday $2.5M, Estimated Weekend $10M, Estimated Cume $129.7M
The Christmas movie-going frenzy now begins in earnest. And Tron and Yogi have knocked the older animated features out of a lot of 3-D movie screens. Yeowch.
Add On: The Reporter summarizes the weekend box office.
'Yogi Bear' debuts at No. 2 as awards frontrunners 'Fighter' and 'Swan' also impress, but all-star 'How Do You Know' falters at No. 8. Disney's 3D Tron: Legacy sped to the top of the domestic box office in opening to $43.6 million from 3,451 theaters, but the weekend was soft overall ...
Box Office Mojo informs us that Tangled dropped the least of any Top Ten holdover (-39.5%) and now has $127.8 million in the till.
Meantime, Megamind lost a majority of its theatres and dropped -73.6%. It now stands at $141.6 million.