Now with low-cal Add On.
Late to the blog with this, but for some reason was away from the computer. The Nikkster tells us:
1. Little Fockers (Universal) NEW [3,536 Theaters] -- Wednesday $7.2M, Thursday $7.1M, Cume $14.3M
2. Tron 3D (Disney) Week 1 [3,451 Theaters] -- Wednesday $5.6M, Thursday $6.1M, Cume $68.1M
3. True Grit (Paramount) NEW [3,047 Theaters] -- Wednesday $5.5M, Thursday $5.6M, Cume $11.2M
4. Yogi Bear 3D (Warner Bros) Week 1 [3,515 Theaters] -- Wednesday $2.9M, Thursday $3.2M, Cume $27.9M
5. Narnia 3D/Dawn Treader (Walden/Fox) Week 2 [3,532 Theaters] -- Wednesday $2.5M, Thursday $2.9M, Cume $53.1M
6. Tangled 3D (Disney) Week 4 [2,582 Theaters] -- Wednesday $2.2M, Thursday $2.6M, Cume $137.2M
7. Black Swan (Fox Searchlight) Week 3 [1,456 Theaters] -- Wednesday $1.7M, Thursday $1.7M, Cume $22.4M
8. The Fighter (Relativity/Paramount) Week 2 [2,503 Theaters] -- Wednesday $1.3M, Thursday $1.5M, Cume $19M
9. The Tourist (GK Films/Sony) Week 2 [2,756 Theaters] -- Wednesday $1M, Thursday $1.1M, Cume $35.4M
10. Harry Potter/Deathly Hallows Pt 1 (Warner Bros) Week 5 [1,840 Theaters] -- Wednesday $900K, Thursday $1M, Cume $269.8M
It seems as though the Fockers are running out of petrol. And high time.
Yogi is not robust on a per-screen average, but Tangled is holding up, and looks as though it will pass Megamind in domestic gross over the next several days.
Add On: The Reporter summarizes the weekend:
Universal's Little Fockers may have topped the Christmas box office with an estimated $48.3 million five-day debut, but it was Paramount's True Grit that saw the grittiest grosses, earning an estimated $36.8 million to come in No. 2. ... Opening on Christmas Day was 20th Century Fox's Gulliver's Travels, which placed only No. 7 for the weekend, grossing an estimated $7.2 million from 2,546 theaters ...
Grit Bridges beat Tron Bridges. Let's hear it for the 19th century!