1. The Possession (Lionsgate) Week 2 [2,834 Runs] PG13 Friday $2.8M (-50%), Weekend $9.1M, Cume $33.0M
2. Lawless (Weinstein Co) Week 2 [3,138 Runs] R Friday $1.7M (-40%), Weekend $5.7M, Cume $23.3M
2. The Words (CBS Films) New [2,801 Runs] PG13 Friday $1.6M, Weekend $5.0M
4. The Expendables 2 (Lionsgate) Week 4 [3,260 Runs] R Friday $1.3M, Weekend $4.6M, Cume $75.4M
5. The Bourne Legacy (Universal) Week 5 [2,766 Runs] PG13 Friday $1.1M, Weekend $3.8M, Cume $103.5M
6. 2016 Obama’s America (Rocky Mtn) Week 9 [2,017 Runs] PG Friday $1.0M, Weekend $3.1M, Cume $25.9M
7. The Campaign (Warner Bros) Week 5 [2,542 Runs] R Friday $990K, Weekend $3.2M, Cume $79.2M
8. Odd Life Of Timothy Green (Disney) Week 4 [2,717 Runs) PG Friday $872K, Weekend $4.1M, Cume $43.5M
9. Dark Knight Rises (Legendary/WB) Week 8 [1,987 Runs] PG13 Friday $853K, Weekend $3.0M, Cume $437.6M
10. ParaNorman (Focus Features) Week 4 [2,856 Runs] PG Friday $838K, Weekend $4.2M, Cume $45.6M ...
The cartoons of summer (Ice Age, Brave, etc.) have pretty much run their course.
Ice Age: Continental Drift picked up $140,000 on Friday, and Brave collected $130,000. Both are in less than a thousand theaters.