Finding Nemo (3D) -- $32.4 million
The clown fish is in the sixth position, in 2,904 theatres. I would expect it to drop as new weekend entries push older contestants out of the Top Ten.
However, Box Office Mojo handicaps the weekend:
Looper is going to have a tough time reaching $20 million, first place will likely to go to animated movie Hotel Transylvania, which is opening in 3,349 theaters. ...
BO Mojo Forecast
1. Hotel Transylvania - $25.8 million
2. Looper - $16.1 million
3. End of Watch - $8 million (-39%)
4. Trouble with the Curve - $7.7 million (-37%)
5. Won't Back Down - $7.6 million
By Sunday we'll know which is the Top Dog.
Add On: So I'm guessing that we'll see a bunch more animated features in the years to come, as HT breaks through for Sony Pictures Animation in a BIG way. (And it's been a long time coming.)
1. Hotel Transylvania (Sony) NEW [3,349 Runs] PG Friday $11M, Weekend $39.5M
2. Looper (Sony) NEW [2,992 Runs] R Friday $6.8M, Weekend $19.2M
3. End Of Watch (Open Road) Week 2 [3,083 Runs] R Friday $2.3M (-48%), Weekend $7.6M, Cume $25.9M
4. The House At The End Of The Street (Relativity) Week 2 [3,083 Runs] PG13 Friday $2.3M (-49%), Weekend $7.3M, Cume $22.4M
5. Trouble With The Curve (Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,212 Runs] PG13 Friday $2.3M (-45%), Weekend $7.2M (-50%), Cume $23.4M
6. Pitch Perfect (Universal) NEW [335 Runs] PG Friday $1.7M, Weekend $4.9M
7. Finding Nemo (Disney) Week 3 [2,639 Runs] G Friday $1.0M, Weekend $4.0M, Cume $36.5M
8) Won’t Back Down (Walden/Fox) NEW [2,515 Runs] PG Friday $920KM, Weekend $2.6M
9. Resident Evil 5 (Sony) Week 3 [2,381 Runs] R Friday $810K, Weekend $2.7M, Cume $38.5M
10. The Master (Weinstein Co) Week 3 [856 Runs] R Friday $787K, Weekend $2.6M, Cume $9.5M