1. Prisoners (Alcon/Warner Bros) NEW [Runs 3,260] R Friday $7.0M, Weekend $21.0M
2. Insidious: Chapter 2 (FilmDistrict) Week 2 [Runs 3,155] PG13 Friday $4.6M (-77%), Weekend $13.0M, Cume $59.4M
3. The Family (Relativity) Week 2 [Runs 3,091] R Friday $2.0M (-61%), Weekend $6.4M, Cume $25.1M
4. Battle Of The Year (Screen Gems/Sony) NEW [Runs 2,008] PG13 Friday $1.4M, Weekend $4.9M
5. Instructions Not Included (Lionsgate) Week 4 [Runs 978] PG13 Friday $1.3M, Weekend $5.2M, Cume $33.8M
6. We’re The Millers (New Line/Warner Bros) Week 7 [Runs 3,008] R Friday $1.3M, Weekend $4.3M, Cume $137.9M
7. Lee Daniels’ The Butler (Weinstein) Week 6 [Runs 2,931] PG13 Friday $1.1M, Weekend $3.9M, Cume $106.1M
8. Riddick (Universal) Week 3 [Runs 3,022] R Friday $1.0M, Weekend $3.4M, Cume $37.0M
9. Wizard of Oz: IMAX 3D (Warner Bros) NEW [Runs 318] PG Friday $751K, Weekend $2.8M
10. Planes (Disney) Week 7 [Runs 2,446] PG Friday $531K, Weekend $2.5M, Cume $86.2M
The Disney Toon Studios' Cars spin-off has now outpaced DWA's Turbo.
Its performance has pleased Diz Co. execs well enough to merit another theatrical go-round in the series, the next time in wide-screen!