Forecast (June 20-22)
1. Think Like a Man Too - $37.5 million
2. How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $29.2 million (-41%)
3. 22 Jump Street - $26.3 million (-54%)
4. Maleficent - $11.3 million (-39%)
5. Jersey Boys - $11 million
6. Edge of Tomorrow - $10.1 million (-39%)
No steep drop-off for Dragon 2, which means that it's got a pretty good hold on the audience's long-term attention. Which also means (I think) that it will do a multiple of four when all the cash from its domestic theatrical run is raked in.
Compared to other June cartoon releases, HTTYD2 came in on the low side, but it should still play well through most of the summer.