Friday, July 04, 2014

Dinner For Few

My sentiments exactly:



The above was created by Nassos Vakalis, who's been an artist at DreamWorks Animation for a bunch of years.

About the movie Nassos V. remarks:

... Artistically, we were two people working on it. Me and Eva Vomhoff, who volunteered to help me from Germany. She did a lot of the technical work and some of the animation, including the tiger and most of the cats. I did the pigs and we shared the human butcher animation. This process lasted about two-and-half years. ...

Over the years I've watched Mr. Vakalis put together sequences for DreamWorks Animation, usually sitting in a room by himself, in front of a computer. He's usually handed visual assignments with an abundance of action. From the piece shown above, you can understand why they do that.

2 comments:

mark pudleiner said...

Very much looking forward to this. The whole look and the subject of the short have my attention.
- Well done Nassos and Eva.

Nassos Vakalis said...

Thanks Mark, I have send it to a few Canadian festivals and I hope at least one might take it. If you want join the films page in Facebook to get updates. www.facebook.com/DinnerForFew

Site Meter