Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Renewals

And launchings. An internet magazine tells us:

FOX Predictions: 'Family Guy' Is Certain To Be Renewed, Of Course

TV By The Numbers lists Bob's Burgers and The Simpsons has having been renewed. Burgers got re-upped, but the Yellow Family, last time I checked, was still hanging fire. ...

I visited Disney Television Animation today and a director complained to me that they can't find good board artists, that everyone is working. I don't think that's completely true, but the TV side of the business is roaring.

Old shows are getting renewed. New shows are being greenlit. I came across a 26-episode order for a project that hits your home flat-screen in 2017, and until this week I didn't know it existed because it hasn't been announced (and I'm sure as hell not going to reveal it here.)

Small, non-TAG studios have projects. Independent union studios are sub-contracting from our fine entertainment conglomerates. The only thing companies don't seem willing to do is get into a bidding war for talent like they did in the 1990s. (Gee, I wonder why that is?)

It might not be the best of times for everyone, because the talent pool is larger than it was in 1995 and some folks are still unemployed. But the business ain't bad, no by a long shot.

0 comments:

Site Meter