Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh My ...

Apparently there is some discord in the House of Labor.

The American Federation of Television and Radio Artists has put off the continuation of talks with Teamsters Local 399. The Teamsters cover 11 AFTRA-employed business representatives who have been working without a contract since Sept. 5. ...

"This is a management tactic I wouldn't expect a union to do," Steve Dayan, [spokesperson for Local 399], said. "I'm disappointed that they didn't find it necessary to present a counter-offer."

(Steve must not get around much.)

1 comments:

Jeff Massie said...

About twenty years ago, there was an article in The Nation about the staff and reps at a national union office* in Washington. They had been organized by the OPEIU office workers' union, and they were on strike -- and picketing -- demanding recognition.

* I'm not leaving the name out to protect anyone, I just don't remember after twenty years which union it was ...

Site Meter