Nikke Finke has numbers, and the owls are still with us:
1. Life As We Know It (Warner Bros) NEW [3,150 Theaters] -- Friday $5M, Estimated Weekend $15M
2. The Social Network (Sony) Week 2 [2,771 Theaters] -- Friday $4.5M (-43%), Estimated Weekend $15M, Estimated Cume $45.4M
3. Secretariat (Disney) NEW [3,072 Theaters] -- Friday $4.2M, Estimated Weekend $14.5M
4. My Soul To Take (Rogue Pictures/Universal) NEW [2,572 Theaters] -- Friday $2.5M, Estimated Weekend $7M
5. Legends of the Guardian: The Owls (Warner Bros) Week 3 [3,225 Theaters] -- Friday $1.8M, Estimated Weekend $6.8M, Estimated Cume $39.3M
The birds are hanging in there, but they don't look like they're going to gain a lot of elevation.
On Thursday, Box Office Mojo had "Alpha and Omega" tracking at #11 with $19.5 million.
Update: "Legends" has a good hold -- third best for a Top Tenner -- and collects $7 million for a total of $39.4 million.
Other animated features trundle along: "Alpha and Omega" drops 49% to #14 for a $21 million total. "Toy Story 3" shoots back up to #17, collects half a million new dollars and now stands at $412 million. "Despicable Me", down at #22, has (to date) collected $246.5 million.