Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Here's very good news

With all the losses we've suffered in the last few weeks, it feels great to have some good news. Franco Cristofani, whose plight I wrote about on the blog on January 11, is home in the U.S. and receiving good medical care.

Franco's daughter, Miranda, writers that her father's relocation and the continued fight to save his life, would not have been possible without the TAG community. Below the fold, thank yous from Franco and Miranda.

Dear Friends and members of TAG,

I can't begin to tell you how very much moved I am for your noble gesture of support and solidarity towards a fellow member in this time of crisis. Your action, clearly motivated by human compassion and love, has restored in me faith and strengthen the courage to endure my present condition. For this I am forever grateful to you all and God willing, I am hoping soon to be able to thank you in person for all your help.

God bless you all !

Yours sincerely,

Franco Cristofani

To The Animation Guild, its members, and all the people who have reached out with kindness and support.

Yes!! We did it!!

Thank you all so much for your generosity and help. We have been blessed with the support of the TAG community and I have been blown away with people’s responses, kind words, wishes and amazing support. I feel like this is a very tight community, and I haven't quite seen anything like this before. For all that is challenging in this world it is reassuring to know that there are good people out there, and that when we pull together we can make miraculous things happen.

I am amazed and happy to share that in addition to all of your generous donations, one TAG family has stepped forward with a donation and to provide us with a zero-interest loan to close the gap and help us meet our immediate financial needs. With the funds combined from your donations and this loan, we were able to act immediately on Franco's behalf and pay his outstanding medical bills in the Philippines, which in turn allowed him to leave the country. Franco is now in a hospital in Los Angeles, undergoing procedures for his kidneys and receiving a “wonder drug” called Velcade for his Multiple Myeloma which supposedly has a 95% recovery rate. Non of this would have been possible without you, you are all responsible for getting him the care he needs and prolonging his life. Its truly a miracle. Thank you all.

I am still fundraising to pay back this loan as quickly as possible. I will make sure future donations go to paying back the loan, which in turn will help my father and myself out immensely. Once that is paid any further donations will go towards Francos medication.

Please know that you have all made a huge difference in both mine, and my fathers lives. It may still be a long road, but at least we know we are doing everything we can. If you wish to visit Franco please contact me or if you wish to be updated please follow my blog.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me by phone or email.

Thank you,

All the best,

Miranda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Franco! Great news! You'll be back on your feet and name dropping celebrities again in no time!:-)

Anonymous said...

Very good news, indeed. Stories like this renew my faith in my fellow animation professionals.

Site Meter