Now with chocolate-coated Add On.
Most everything takes a hit week-to-week, as new performers move in ...
1. Limitless (Relativity) NEW [2,756 Theaters] Friday $6M, Estimated Weekend $18M
2. Battle: Los Angeles (Sony Pictures) Week 2 [3,417 Theaters] Friday $4.5M (-67%), Estimated Weekend $15.5M, Estimated Cume $62M
3. Paul (Working Title/Universal) NEW [2,802 Theaters] Friday $4.5M, Estimated Weekend $12.5M
4. The Lincoln Lawyer* (Lionsgate) New [2,707 Theaters] Friday $4.4M, Estimated Weekend $12.5M
5. Rango (Paramount) Week 3 [3,843 Theaters] Friday $4.1M, Estimated Weekend $16M, Estimated Cume $93M
6. Red Riding Hood (Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,030 Theaters] Friday $2.4M (-51%), Estimated Weekend $7M, Estimated Cume $25.7M
7. The Adjustment Bureau (MRC/Universal) Week 3 [2,660 Theaters] Friday $1.7M (-49%), Estimated Weekend $5.7M, Estimated Cume $48.6M
8. Mars Needs Moms (Disney) Week 2 [3,117 Theaters] Friday $1.5M (-14%), Estimated Weekend $6.5M, Estimated Cume $17M
9. Beastly (CBS Films/Sony) Week 3 [1,810 Theaters] Friday $1M, Estimated Weekend $3M, Estimated Cume $22M
10. Hall Pass (New Line/Warner Bros) Week 4 [1,905 Theaters] Friday $825K, Estimated Weekend $2.7M, Estimated Cume $39.7M
Gnomeo and Juliet falls out of the Top Ten, while Rango closes in on the $100 million mark.
Add On: The Reporter reports:
... Paramount’s sleeper hit Rango grossed an estimated $15.3 million in its third weekend to come in No. 2, according to Rentrak. The toon fell a respectable 32%, finishing the weekend with a cume of $92.6 million. ...
Disney’s ill-fated Mars Needs Mom continued to struggle, grossing an estimated $5.3 million in its second weekend for a 10-day domestic cume of $15.4 million. Overseas, the motion-capture toon grossed a soft $3.4 million for an international take of $7.8 million and a worldwide total of $23.2 million. ...
On the happier side of the street for the Mouse, Box Office Mojo has Gnomeo and Juliet at #11. The feature fell 34.4%, and has accumulated $93.7 million domestically.