There are lots of 401(k) meetings at lots of studios for me during the next couple of weeks. Today I spent morning and afternoon on Sonora Avenue in Glendale at DisneyToon and Disney TVA studios, where I held forth on the wonders of self-directed retirement accounts. Various employees of the Mouse told me ...
* Most of the story work on the first Planes feature is done, and another installment will soon be launched into development.
* A couple of Tinkerbell features remain in work. (You can't keep a good sprite down.)
* The younger-skewing shows at Disney TVA (Inspectore Oso, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Mickey's Clubhouse etc.) will soon be decamping to a different building near the fabled Bob Hope Airport. (That's Burbank's aereodrome on Hollywood Way.)
* DisneyToon Studios will be moving to another building -- now under refurbishment -- on Sonora Avenue.
* Disney TVA has pilots in development, so new series might soon be in the offing. A staffer informed me that the powers plan to expand production in the near future. (We'll see if the prognostication pans out.)