Now with friendly, neighborhood Add On.
The end of March steeple chase, and two animated features share multiples of five, with Rango in the fifth position owning a total of $99 million , and Gnomeo and Juliet at #15 with $95 million ....
Overall box office was down -9% from a year ago (what's new?) The Friday results looked like this:
1. Sucker Punch (Warner Bros) NEW [3,033 Theaters] Friday $8M, Estimated Weekend $22M
2. Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (Fox) NEW [3,167 Theaters] Friday $7.3, Estimated Weekend $24M
3. Limitless (Relativity) Week 2 [2,085 Theaters] Friday $4.6M (-29%), Estimated Weekend $14M, Estimated Cume $40M
4. The Lincoln Lawyer (Lionsgate) NEW [2,707 Theaters] Friday $2.9M (-28%), Estimated Weekend $10M, Estimated Cume $28M
5. Rango (Paramount) Week 4 [3,645 Theaters] Friday $2.3M, Estimated Weekend $8.5M Estimated Cume $104.1M
6. Paul (Working Title/Universal) Week 2 [2,806 Theaters] Friday $2.2M (-49%), Estimated Weekend $6.5M, Estimated Cume $23.6M
7. Battle: Los Angeles (Sony) Week 3 [3,118 Theaters] Friday $2.1M, Estimated Weekend $6.5M, Estimated Cume $71.6M
8. Red Riding Hood (Warner Bros) Week 3 [2,715 Theaters] Friday $1.4M, Estimated Weekend $4.5M, Estimated Cume $33.6M
9. The Adjustment Bureau (MRC/Universal) Week 4 [2,282 Theaters] Friday $1.2M, Estimated Weekend $4M, Estimated Cume $54.5M
10. Mars Needs Moms (ImageMovers Digital/Disney) Week 3 [2,170 Theaters] Friday $675K, Estimated Weekend $2.5M, Estimated Cume $18.5M
Add On: At the wire, Rango and Gnomeo and Juliet have small box office drops (Yippee!), while Mars Needs Moms takes a major drop.
Audiences seem to be voting with their feet.