Monday, March 28, 2011

Talking to Burny -- Part I

TAG Interview with Burny Mattinson

*Click to listen in your browser. Right-Click and Save to download to your computer to listen later.

Find all TAG Interviews on the TAG website at this link

Burny Mattinson has been a fixture at the Disney Co. since Dragnet was shooting on the lot ...

Starting at the studio as a teenager when the place was known as "Walt Disney Productions," Burny has worked through multiple management changes at 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank California. (You can hear excellent podcasts from Mr. Mattinson about his lengthy career here, on The Animation Podcast.)

With this installment, we roam further afield, talking to Burny about his artistic and career influences, how he attacks story problems when boarding animated features, and some of the projects he worked on that he wishes had made it to full production, but didn't.

3 comments:

nando.landa said...

Love Burny and his work. Thank you for the interview!

By the way Steve, I work at Televisa in Mexico... and last friday five friends and I go to Televisa's video library to watch "Kathy, Caterpillar" (I saw it when I was 5 (I'm 24 now) and I truly, truly loved it. I still have the soundtrack and a couple of toys). We've been doing that for 4 years (it's not even on dvd!) What a funny and heartwarming movie!

Regards!

nando.landa said...

sorry, it's went, not go (on the third line).

Floyd Norman said...

It's always fun to hear Burny talk about the old days. It brings back many happy memories of a Disney that once was.

Plus, Burny continues to work away at the mouse house today. I guess he's the ultimate animation survivor.

Site Meter