The Aussie feature under-performs.
... Happy Feet Two, got off to a slower-than-expected start domestically, grossing an estimated $5.9 million on Friday for a projected weekend gross of $22 million to $24 million ...
And the Nikkster breaks things down ...
1. Breaking Dawn Part 1 (Summit) NEW [4,061 Theaters] Friday $72M (including $30.2M midnights), Estimated Weekend $140M
2. Happy Feet Two (Warner Bros) NEW [3,606 Theaters] Friday $5.9M, Estimated Weekend $22.5M
3. Immortals (Relativity) Week 2 [3,120 Theaters] Friday $3.8M (-74%), Estimated Weekend $13M, Estimated Cume $53.5M
4. Jack And Jill (Sony) Week 2 [3,438 Theaters] Friday $3.5M (-65%), Estimated Weekend $12.5M, Estimated Cume $41M
5. Puss In Boots (DreamWorks Animation/Par) Week 4 [3,415 Theaters] Friday $2.5M, Estimated Weekend $12M.
Happily, Puss In Boots is holding its own, and will likely be around $123 million by the close of the weekend.