Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The Rudy Cataldi Interview -- Part II

Mr. Cataldi worked for many of the major animation houses over fifty-seven years of employment, but his longest stint was with Hanna-Barbera. As Rudy relates: ...

TAG Interview with Rudy Cataldi

Find all TAG Interviews on the TAG website at this link

In 1962 I went to work for Hanna Barbera. I worked there for 23 years. It was there I met my beautiful future wife, Consuelo. We married in 1972 and have three kids: Johnny, Tomm and Tina. ...

Bill Hanna twice sent me to Korea. I directed Yogi Bear's First Christmas. The first time I was there I got caught in a student demonstration and had to run through the students going around my hotel. Tear gas was tossed ... and I got caught in the middle of it. ... The next day I called Bill Hanna and told him what had happened and asked him for combat pay, to which he replied "Okay. We'll talk about it when you come back ... IF you come back!" ...

Mr. Cataldi hung up his professional hat in June 2000 What does he do now? "I stay home and watch TV ... and I continue to breathe in and breathe out ..."

2 comments:

TotalD said...

Rudy is HB legend and a wonderful part of animation history. They used to joke about how if something didn't work that "Rudy could fix it".

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rudy for a great interview. I really appreciate the honorable mentions at the end of your interview toward all the talented under-appreciated talent that amount to the bulk of the work. The story about the animated "F" logo was a hilarious. I was one of those kids who watched much of your work growing up not knowing who was behind the curtain. So, thanks again!
-Waveybrain

Site Meter