Your Nik and mine provides us with the early numbers.
1. Act Of Valor (Relativity) NEW [3,039 Theaters] Friday $9.4, Est Weekend $27M
2. Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds (Lionsgate) NEW [2,132 Theaters] Friday $6.3M, Est Weekend: $17.5M
3. The Vow (Screen Gems/Sony) Week 3 [3,038 Theaters] Friday $3.2M, Est Weekend $9.7M, Est Cume $101.9M
4. Safe House (Universal) Week 3 [3,052 Theaters] Friday $3.1M, Est Weekend $10.3M, Est Cume $96.6M
5. Journey 2 3D (Warner Bros) Week 3 [3,350 Theaters] Friday $3.0M, Est Weekend $12.5M, Est Cume $77.2M
6. This Means War (Fox) Week 2 [3,189 Theaters] Friday $2.8M, Est Weekend $9M, Est Cume $33.2M
7. Ghost Rider 2 3D (Sony) Week 2 [3,174 Theaters] Friday $2.3M (-66%), Est Weekend $8M, Est Cume $36.3M
8. Wanderlust (Universal) NEW [2,002 Theaters] Friday $2.5M, Est Weekend $7M
9. Gone (Summit) NEW [2,186 Theaters] Friday $1.7M, Est Weekend $4.6M
10. Secret World Of Arrietty (Disney) Week 2 [1,522 Theaters] Friday $1.1M, Est Weekend $5M, Est Cume $14.2M
It appears that the magic of Jennifer Aniston has dissipated. Happily, Arriety has managed to remain in the Top Ten.
Navy SEALs Pic 'Act of Valor' Tops Chart With $24.7 Mil . Tyler Perry's "Good Deeds" follows with $16 million; Jennifer Aniston-Paul Rudd's "Wanderlust" and Amanda Seyfried thriller "Gone" falter at No. 8 and No. 9, taking in $6.6 million and $5 million.
So there it is in a nutshell (or two.)
In the meanwhile, Arriety hangs on to #10 with an accumulation of $14,660,000 and a mere 30% drop. Downlist, Alvin and the Chipmunks has earned $130.4 million, Tintin stands at $76.9 million, and Puss in Boots owns $149.2 million.