Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Have you been forced to deal with Yurcor? Let us know ..

Many thanks to all who have taken the time to write and keep us informed of their experiences working through the Employer of Record company, Yurcor. We have received many emails and phone calls from artists who have read our posts. Many are glad that some action is being taken against companies of this nature and are interested in retrieving the pay that was illegally withheld from them.

The Guild is interested in assisting all artists who have been effected by Yurcor's improper wage withholdings. We have created a form on our site that is meant to give us a better understanding of how many artists have been effected and which studios are utilizing Yurcor's services. If you have worked for a studio that has used Yurcor and would be interested in seeing your wages returned, please take the time to fill out the information on the form and submit it back to us:

Animation Guild Yurcor Form

Our goal is to help enforce labor laws and returning wages that were improperly withheld from visual effects artists. Once we receive your information, we will contact you to discuss our current progress and the next steps in retrieving your wages.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Great work, keep the pressure on them. They are an unethical organization for sure. I negotiated terms with them during a recent hire, and they responded with very dirty tactics. They threatened to call my employer and suggest firing me, (illegal) and tried to trick me into signing up on the site - which basically mean you accept the terms and relinquish your rights (also illegal, false disclosure).

Yurcor is operating illegally, they will eventually go down. Don't get ripped off by them in the meantime.

Anonymous said...

I was hired yesterday to start work on Monday. I didn't know that the company uses Yurcor. I don't want to support it at all, but it doesn't seem like I have much choice. I've already been ripped off by MBO. Isn't there something I can do to not sign up? Do you know if it's possible to have a friend with an LLC "hire" me? It's not even the money that makes me so mad, it's the fact that they're just stealing from us.

~Rachel Keyte

Site Meter