Monday, March 05, 2012

The Tony de Rosa Interview -- Part I


Tony de Rosa grew up in New Jersey, in the town of Cherry Hill. (Eric Goldberg also hails from C.H., which is kind of amazing. Two power animators from the same city.)

Tony, like other animation professionals before him, liked to draw. (News flash!) ...

TAG Interview with Anthony de Rosa

Find all TAG Interviews on the TAG website at this link


And Tony knew early on that art was the way he wanted to make his living. His parents were supportive, but thaty wanted him to stay on the east coast, maybe somewhere near home. But Tony had other ideas, and he recounts them here, in Part I of the TAG interview.

6 comments:

Dan Siciliano said...

THANK YOU!!!! I always wanted to hear stories from that man! I love his Firebird Sprite!

Steve Hulett said...

We have a lot more of Tony.

Just wait ...

Anonymous said...

I met Tony in November over at the Disney studio. Such a nice guy and an incredible animator.

Anonymous said...

One of my absolute favorite animators and a very approachable, easy to talk to guy. I too met him at the Disney studio in November. His wife is a great animator too.

Sandro Cleuzo said...

Tony was my first Supervising animator when I got to Disney and even though he did not know me and my work enough he was very patient and kind and helped me so much with my Sprite scenes for Fantasia 2000.
I am glad we are still friends.

Anonymous said...

One of the nicest guys working in animation.

Site Meter