Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Disney Frolic for Tuesday

Today, efficient little business agent that I am, I swung through Disney Television Animation in the storied Frank Wells Building on the Disney lot, then went on to Disney Feature Animation across Riverside Drive (the concrete channel called the "L.A. River" does constitute a waterway, doesn't it?)... Purely by accident, I tottered into the middle of a "Happy Hour" party on the second floor. I asked an artist what the occasion was, and was told: "We just had a screening of 'Meet the Robinsons' for Ed Catmull and John Lasseter." When I asked how it went, I got a grin and the reply: "You don't see any black balloons, do you? I think all the changes and tweaks have been really smart ones. The picture's better." (I've been told for a year that it was pretty good already. - Hulett) Somebody else said that management hadn't told the staff anything "offical," about whether they're happy with the revamped "Robinsons" or not but I drew my own conclusions. You don't serve champagne and hot hors d'oeuvres and decorate with multi-colored balloons if the news is bad.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI...
The producer of "Meet The Robinsons" forwarded an email from John Lasseter in which he expressed how pleased he was with the latest screening of the film.

Site Meter