Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Eric Larson and John Musker (circa 1983)

Eric Larson and John Musker, by John Musker. By permission of the artist.
Eric Larson, of course, was one of Disney's Nine Old Men ... ... and worked at the studio until he shuffled off the mortal coil. John Musker was an up-and-coming story artist and director at the time this caricature was done. Now, with partner Ron Clements, he's one of the most successful animated feature directors of all time. This caricature was drawn on a memo pad twenty-plus years ago. A few weeks back I came across it in a musty file, and I put it up for your enjoyment and edification. A moment in time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found it. Great sketch of Eric and John.

Eric Larson was a great teacher as well as a great animator. Eric's gone now, but whatever happened to that Musker guy? He was a real talent.

Anonymous said...

Steve asked if he could run this. It certainly is my drawing but I have no recollection of drawing it. I've done various caricatures of Eric larson over the years. I have the fondest memories of Eric as a great teacher and without question, one of the sweetest people I've ever met in or out of animation. He is my inspiration.

Site Meter