Wednesday, June 14, 2006

El Warner Bros.

I had the good fortune, courtesy of director Charles Visser, to view a chunk of "Bah Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas"... It's a DVD feature based on you-know-who's "Christmas Carol," with Daffy as Scrooge and the other Warner characters filling out the cast list. It's quite nicely done. The animation and design are good, and production values are first rate. The characters, thank God, stay truer to Termite Terrace than Dickens. (i.e., the Duckster is as idiotic and accident-prone as he usually is, and Bugs is the same smart aleck.) This feature will be out for the holidays, and I hope that the final edit, music and sound mix are at the same level as the visuals. Because everybody involved did a solid job on this. (A pity it will only be for home video.) Warners also has a "Justice League of America" dvd feature in development, as well as a "Tom & Jerry," and "Superman." Would that they all end up having the same quality as "Bah Humduck!"

5 comments:

David Germain said...

As long as it doesn't include any Baby Looney Tunes or Loonatics Unleashed I'll be happy. But I'm still not quite looking forward to it. I'll have to see some stills from it or something I guess.

Steve Hulett said...

Nope, these are all the straight-ahead, original characters. And prettynicely animated.

They've set the story in the present, which I think works fine. I get tired to 19th century London. And Warners characters -- I'll be honest here -- work better in the land of their birth.

Anonymous said...

Great news! There's really a Justice League DVD movie in development? I really miss that show, it would make my month to find out that they were doing a movie!

Anonymous said...

No matter if the product turns out good or bad, I am glad the WB is actually tryingt not make a bastardization of there characters.Also,as David said, I would ,like to see some screen caps to re-assured.

Anonymous said...

Hey, is Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner going to appear in this?

Site Meter