Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Two animators and a gorilla walk into a studio ...

Ward Kimball in a gorilla suit
Right: Milt Kahl and Marc Davis react to Ward Kimball wearing a gorilla suit during the Christmas season. Drawing by Milt Kahl.
Another caricature from the archives (this also appeared in The Illusion of Life, as we recall)... TAG blog starts a cycle of drawings here, turning -- momentarily -- into a kind of poor man's "Black Wing Diaries." Artists cannot live by our deathless prose alone.

2 comments:

Jenny Lerew said...

Wrong though I may have been on Cukor vs. Stevens(a momentary brain freeze), I'd be willing to bet this wasn't in "Illustion of Life"--I don't remember ever seeing it before....anyone else? Am I freezing again? Great drawing!

I also enjoyed seeing the "new" masthead on the hard copy Pegboard-Animator this week. It's nice to have a look at the roots of the business. We're all geeks and all love this stuff!

Anonymous said...

Re the Kahl cartoon, you're probably right. Thumbing through "Illusion," I can't find it...

Ah well. Creeping senility.

Site Meter