Now with sugar-coated Add On.
Your Top Ten Movies in mid-winter.
1. The Rite (Warner Bros) NEW [2,985 Theaters] -- Friday $5.5M, Estimated Weekend $15M
2. No Strings Attached (Paramount) Week 2 [3,022 Theaters] -- Friday $4.5M (-38%), Estimated Weekend $14.5M, Estimated Cume $40M.
3. The Mechanic (CBS Films) NEW [2,703 Theaters] -- Friday $3.5M, Estimated Weekend $9.5M
4. The King's Speech (The Weinstein Co) Week 10 [2,557 Theaters] -- Friday $3M, Estimated Weekend $12M, Estimated Cume $73M
5. The Green Hornet 3D (Sony) Week 3 [3,022 Theaters] -- Friday $3M, Estimated Weekend $11M, Estimated Cume $78.3M
6. True Grit (Paramount) Week 6 [3,120 Theaters] -- Friday $1.9M, Estimated Weekend $6.5M, Estimated Cume $147.3M
7. The Dilemma (Universal) Week 3 [2,901 Theaters] -- Friday $1.8M, Estimated Weekend $6.1M, Estimated Cume $41.2M
8. Black Swan (Fox Searchlight) Week 9 [2,315 Theaters] -- Friday $1.4M, Estimated Weekend $4.6M, Estimated Cume $90.2M
9. The Fighter (Relativity/Paramount) Week 8 [1,914 Theaters] == Friday $1M, Estimated Weekend $3.4M, Estimated Cume $77.7M
10. Little Fockers (Universal) Week 5 [2,042 Theaters] -- Friday $800K, Estimated Weekend $2.7M, Estimated Cume $145M ...
Tangled, which was bopping along in tenth place as of Thursday, will be over the $190 million (domestic) mark by Sunday. The Yogster, no doubt something of a disappointment to Warner Bros., will be up over $90 million.
Add On: All you need to know is that it was a sleepy weekend, and that Yogi -- hanging in at #10 -- now stands at $92.5 million, and Tangled (#12) has $189.5 million in the saddle bags.