Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mark Kausler Interview - Part 2

Several years back, Mark rolled out his homage to 1930s cartoons, It's the Cat. Mark explains that it took him over a decade to do it, since he was doing most of the creative tasks himself. But the piece is (happily) long-finished, and Mark has shown it at film festivals around the world to good results ...

TAG Interview with Mark Kausler

*Click to listen in your browser. Right-Click and Save to download to your computer to listen later.

Find all TAG Interviews on the TAG website at this link

Mark is now working on another short (as he explains during the interview) and hopes to have it out in the not-distant future. (You can define "not distant" however you like.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great interview! He's one of the most kind guys out there.

TotalD said...

Mark is a wonderful guy, terrific animator. Where is "It's the Cat" being hosted ?

Anonymous said...

I met Mark at the first CTN Expo two years ago. I knew of him and his work, and I couldn't have been happier to find out he's a nice, chatty, fun guy as well as a terrific animator.

craig clark said...

Great interview with Mark! His short "It's the Cat" is seen on Episode #3 (part 1) of my "Kustomonsters and Friends" show on the web and KLHU TV 45 Lake Havasu AZ. You can peek at it here...

http://livestre.am/jcTp

Anonymous said...

Hi Craig,
I thought your TV show was defunct. Do you owe me any money yet for the film rental? I haven't heard from you in quite some time, so this is news to me. Please get in touch with me at kausler@att.net.
Thanks, Craig, Mark

Anonymous said...

Oops! (Craig banging head against wall right now)

craig clark said...

Mark, The Kustomonsters is still in production, one cartoon at a time. Please check your email for an update!

Regards, Craig

Anonymous said...

Everything is OK, Craig is having a slow launch with "The Kustomonsters", but maybe someday we'll see a dollar or two in revenue! Thanks for getting back to me, sir.
Best Regards, Mark

Chris Sobieniak said...

Like noticing Mark comparing "Puffy AmiYumi" to "Pink Lady" like that (I kinda dig PL's music). I guess given they're one of the few J-Pop acts that ever made any dent on American shores, that's the best we'll get ("Shonen Knife" is another one I can think of).

Site Meter